Monday, May 14, 2012

Maxine's Divinity

I have not tried this recipe yet. It was given to me by a lady named Maxine Tygart. Maxine is in her 90's and makes this wonderful divinity every year for her church Christmas Bazaar. She goes to Pathways Methodist Church, formerly known as Dale Street UMC.
I've eaten many people's Divinity and this one is my favorite year after year. It tends to be a bit softer and lighter than most Divinity I had eaten.

Maxine's Divinity

3 egg whites at room temperature (she sets them out 4-5 hours)
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup syrup (Karo)
1/2 cup water
Boil sugar, syrup and water until it spins a thread or hard ball in water (6-7 minutes) Pour half over egg whites. Add 1 tsp. vanilla Pour rest over egg whites. Add 1 cup walnuts or pecans. (I assume we are stirring it up somewhere in here)
Pour in buttered dish or pan. Cool it then cut in squares when cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home